13: Parameters, Unpacking, Variables
We're now going to take a quick detour into the world of the
PowerShell) version of
python. If you did the Getting Started completely you should have learned how to start your terminal. If not then simply find the program named
PowerShell on Windows or
Terminal on macOS. Later in this course you'll learn how to use the terminal more extensively, but in this exercise we'll just do a tiny test.
First, I want you to create a file named
ex13.py using Jupyter's new Python file:
- On the left there's a list of the files in your directory.
- Above that list is a blue
- Click that button, and scroll to the very bottom should be a button for
Python Filewith the Python "blue and yellow snakes" logo.
- Click that button and this should open a new panel you can type code into.
- Right away, use your mouse to select
File > Save Python Fileor hold
s(normally shown as
Ctrl-Sbut you don't use shift to get that
- This will open a modal prompt that says "Rename File". Type "ex13" and it should keep the
.py, but be sure that this input says
- Hit the blue
[Rename]button and that will save the file in that directory.
Once that file is saved, you can then type this code into the file:
Register for Learn Python the Hard Way, 5th Edition (2023-2024)
Register today for the course and get the all currently available videos and lessons, plus all future modules for no extra charge.